subject line: How to find the best deals on hotels
Booking a hotel has become increasingly difficult as there are so many options to choose from. After finding a hotel that suits all your needs you need to ascertain whether you are getting a good rate.
1. See what online travel sites like Expedia, Hotels.com, or Travelocity are offering. Or you could browse the hotel website to find a good deal. Many sites list special offers as well as discounts.
2. Pricing travel sites like Hotwire or Priceline do offer good rates for good hotels. The only downside is you cannot specify a hotel. All you can do is indicate where you want accommodation. The reservation needs to be made online and is nonrefundable and one cannot change plans or cancel.
3. If you plan your trip well in advance you could get a discount of 50% or more during the off season.
4. Some hotels have special rates for members of AAA, American Automobile Association and other professional bodies or clubs.
Call the hotel of your choice and ask them if they do offer special rates. Many hotel chains also have rewards programs where you can earn points toward free rooms and get free upgrades.
5. If you are traveling in a group, ask about group rates or family rates. Most hotels have different options for multiple bookings. Some even offer a day or two additional stay at no extra cost.
To get the best deal you need to be thorough as well as flexible. Just as you spend time sourcing air tickets at bargain prices you can do the same for hotel bookings.
Read all travel offers carefully. If you are smart you will save quite a lot.